Interdenominational Theological Center Photographs collection
Dr. Harry V. Richardson stands with man. Written on verso: Dr. and Mrs. Richardson visit Reverend S.S. Tatem at Rust Methodist church, 1956, "New Beauty" Rev. S.S. Tatum, a 1956 graduate, tells Pres. H.V. Richardson about the improvement in the chancel on altar of Rust Methodist Church at Oxford, GA. All of the work was done by the young people of church under Rev. Tatem's leadership. Rev. S.S. Tatum, right shows the new "home made" chancel of Rust Methodist Church to President Harry V. Richardson.
All images in this collection either are protected by copyright or are the property of the Robert W. Woodruff Library, and/or the copyright holder as appropriate. To order a reproduction or to inquire about permission to publish, please contact email@example.com with specific object file name.
"Rust Methodist Church" (2016). Interdenominational Theological Center Audio Visual Collection, Photographs. Image 224.
The Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library acknowledges the generous support of the National Endowment for Humanities - Humanities Collections and Reference Resources Implementation Project Grant in supporting the processing and digitization of a number of its major archival collections as part of the project: Spreading the Word: Expanding Access to African American Religious Archival Collections at the Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library.
Buildings and Grounds
African Americans--Religion, Gammon Theological Seminary, United Methodist Church, Religious Educators