Spelman Archives Photographic Collection
View of dedication plaque inside Sisters Chapel "The Sisters Chapel was built with funds from the estates of Laura Spelman Rockefeller and Lucy Maria Spelman for many years loyal friends of Spelman College and daughters of Lucy Henry Spelman after whom the college was named. May the beautiful Christian spirit of these sisters and their lives of unselfish service ever be an inspiration to those who cross this threshold. Anno Domini 1926."
All images in this collection either are protected by copyright or are the property of Spelman College,and/or the copyright holder as appropriate. To order a reproduction or to inquire about permission to publish,please contact email@example.com with specific object file name.
"Sisters Chapel Dedication Plaque" (2018). Spelman College Photographs Collection, Buildings and Grounds. 144.
The Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library acknowledges the generous support of the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) in supporting the processing and digitization of a number of historic collections as part of the project Our Story: Digitizing Publications and Photographs of the Historically Black Atlanta University Center Institutions.
Spelman College; College buildings--Georgia--Atlanta; African American universities and colleges--Georgia--Atlanta; Chapels (rooms or structures); Commemorative plaques